Monitor kelp needed

Ask questions related to technology here and we'll try to help out!
kubaryz
=UwG= Member

Monitor kelp needed

Postby kubaryz » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi all,
hope all is well with u all... not been on here for a bit.. jumped in as your feedback is most valuable and i'm seeking kelp in selecting a monitor upgrade .. got a budget of bout 1400£ .. been looking at :
samsung odyssey g7 https://www.samsung.com/ie/monitors/gam ... 75tqsuxen/
samsung odyssey g9 https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/mo ... 95tssnxza/ <-- many reviews negative tho
LG 27GN950-B https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn9 ... ng-monitor ( not available anywhere yet )
asus rog swift pg27uq https://rog.asus.com/uk/Monitors/27-to- ... 7UQ-Model/ ( not available anymore )

Any suggestions most welcomed indeed and appreciated.. please..
Really hoping to find something in a 4k and 100 odd + refresh rate.. 27 inch ish.. or up to 32.

Would you wait for more of those juicy 4k high refresh rate goodness monitors to become available or would you upgrade to something else ... like a 1440p high refresh rate now and save the cash for new stuff hopefully that might come out next year or the next?

been mainly playing hell let loose lately.. and recently dropped the resolution to 1440p on the pb27uq .. and can't really stand it.. will be testing it some more but.. would prefer 4k option.
ideas ... thoughts ? ;]

hugs

SilentDingo
=UwG= Leader
=UwG= Leader

Re: Monitor kelp needed

Postby SilentDingo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:44 pm

ASUS ROG!

sk8chalif
=UwG= Donator
=UwG= Donator
Steam: sk8chalif

Postby sk8chalif » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 pm

I did not think that a 3080 or 3090 can do 4k 144hz. It might reach it but will never stay on it,, I hope you have the hardware to run 4k tho,
I think the new videocard release are the best 2k 144hz for a long time, but if you do not care about 2k.
If you plan of playing game like hell let loose or future Battlefield or MMO both LG and Asus are good choice Because they are IPS Panel..
if I had to choose a 4K Monitor I would definitely go with 32-34Inch, I always though that 27 inch for 4k was to small,

but if you want to stay between the 4 monitor you listed, I would go with the Asus Rog . HDR/IPS = Amazing Color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w1_zOiWQiE&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

Also it always good to see the difference between panel because not everyone play the same game and want the same thing,

TN panels are a good choice for competitive gamers, as they support higher refresh rates, low response times, decent input lag, and high resolutions. But they have bad viewing angles, color reproduction, and slight blurring (due to higher response times) are all disadvantages, ones which cannot be easily fixed.

IPS panels solve the issues of TN panels, with better color reproduction and viewing angles, but do so at the cost of refresh rate and response time. IPS panels are especially useful for those not wanting to play too competitively, but want a beautiful/immersive visual experience.

VA panels provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels, but have worse viewing angles and color production, although generally still better than TN. Response times are VA’s largest downfall, though, being slower than IPS and its variants and TN.

kubaryz
=UwG= Member

Postby kubaryz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm

thanks for getting back .. yea.. been lookin into 4k 144hz thing. and DP... looks like we r not going to see proper support til next gpu s are released.. maybe then it'll be 4k 144hz proper gaming with fps that will actually get to that ..u kno wat i mean.. so been thinking on it and leaning samsung odyssey g7 or g9 .. or might find something else dunno.. curved might be interesting to get .. but dunno about games that actually support the aspect ratio / resolution (g9)

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator
Steam: swats73

Postby swats73 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 am

My g7 is great
REME Veteran, It's not that I can and others can't. It's that I did and others didn't.

kubaryz
=UwG= Member

Postby kubaryz » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:13 am

is ok.. bought the g9..
might be building a new system soon as well.. need ideas.. thinking some I9 .. but dunno..or any point going amd maybe? Swatso what happened with urs? it was the mobo right and not the cpu ?no GPU yet.. gonu wait for 3090s to become more available so just cpu ram mobo case psu ( psu cabling maybe ) .. kelp needed on storage as well please if one of you would have the time to elaborate on amd vs intel these days pros v cons maybe .. if any of u built an amd lately ? good experience ? bad ? please and thank u

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator
Steam: swats73

Postby swats73 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:52 am

Yeah was just the cheap gigabyte mobo, warped and shorted out. Replacement is a asus tuf mobo and all good now.
As for your question intel and amd high end cpu are nothing between them benchmark wise for gaming. But if doing rendering or any other stuff reliant on multiple core go amd.
REME Veteran, It's not that I can and others can't. It's that I did and others didn't.

Return to “Technology Help”