Trying to organise BF3 matches

jamesgillre

Re: Trying to organise BF3 matches

Postby jamesgillre » Wed May 15, 2013 8:23 am

Yep you're welcome! :) I might be on later on for half an hour - got a big exam tomorrow so getting stuck into the books.

darkmanxps

Postby darkmanxps » Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 am

BlackEMP wrote:ye i agree with u in a way pabz and agree with james as well we do need to train as such more team work and random teams playing together to learn to play with who ever is in the uwg but we need more comunication and team work for clan matches to succeed otherwise we will defo get our asses handed to us every time. this game thrives on team base without it as james said headless chickens for sure

Nice one! It would be a good idea to build a rooster of people who are actually interested in scrims in the first place(maybe also add what class they would like to play/are most comfortable with).

I am fine generally with 10pm fri ,sat and sun although I cant do this friday.

Hopefully some new guys that have joined would step up.

BlackEMP

Postby BlackEMP » Wed May 15, 2013 9:43 am

all sounds good to me, thanks james for the time zones that at least gives everyone a good idea at what times we r looking at doing the group activaty, and defo should put the word out about it but not just from dingo, i think if we all must get involved and speak to the guys on battlelog, we might get a mean crew together, but we still need to play more together before we really get involved in clan wars. so let try get these games happning as often as we can.
lets all spread the word

jamesgillre

Postby jamesgillre » Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 am

I'd love to help but I'm swarmed in books at the moment - I was just saying to dingo because he seemed to want to take ownership in the organising of the matches (he is the OP of the thread).

But yea I guess if anyone that knows about the times it's easy to spread - but in terms of getting a "bulletin" or "newsletter" to everyone fast usually if one person takes ownership and deals with it - it will be more organised. It is fine relying on word of mouth but we tried before and it got nowhere. What we should be doing rather than just telling people is asking people to respond, we really need more people to respond.

If we tell everyone and nobody responds then chances are on the night there will be about 4 people. I think we probably need to make 4-man squads or something and we can make a stickied post about who's in who's squad. This idea would definitely be worth considering if we get more than 12+ people on it because otherwise we just talk over each other. However, for now we will probably be less than 10, so one team is probably fine. (Just my feedback/thoughts).

In terms of tactics and strategy for working as a team we would need to work on that a bit too like mentioned before.

BlackEMP

Postby BlackEMP » Wed May 15, 2013 10:16 am

no no bud ur absolutely right mate, we should defo get more peops to respond more and get an idea of what numbers ext we r looking at

kubaryz
=UwG= Member

Postby kubaryz » Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 pm

sat sun are fine by me, fridays i finish work at 10.30 so would be on at 11 i guess, that's if im not drinkin ,,, oh and this weekend incl friday mite be iffy if i get all my parts i'll be prob on sat after installin all the software required. but yes, team work ffs!! :] hah, agree with the plan to get like squad leaders, ect. : Black , james ,, i dunno getto , all the high ranks in the clan and then see who among ordinary members is willing to participate in clan matches, then assign 3 members to each leader.. : black (leader) + 3 members , go with like squad dm on UWG server and practice, see how it goes.. 3 teams would be gr8 as a start,,, maybe move things around a bit too to like some1 said ' see who works best with who'' ..

oh,, and during the week i work 2.30 pm - 11 pm so if u wanna do somethin then i'd be up for it but at bout 11.30 .

PabloIRL

Postby PabloIRL » Wed May 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi, gonna throw my hat in to the ring here: I've been following the thread and I've been taking on board what's been said etc. and I am now taking it upon myself to inform everyone I come across in the BF3 channel on TS3.

I'm sorry to say though, the number of people I've managed to inform would only total 1!

This is down to a number of issues, the first being timing. Now, I've heard it said that (Mamba, it may have been who mentioned) now isn't the best time to get things rolling in relation to scrims, clan wars etc, due to the proximity of the looming release of BF4. Personally, I've been dismissive of that notion - its a bit off yet, and besides it'll be fun, why not!? At the moment, we only seem to get the same people on TS, which leads me nicely to my next point...

Secondly, there does seem to be a feeling of malaise generally when it comes to activity/participation on the BF3 side of things. Take tonight for example, Stark and I popped into a pub for a few rounds and up pops Skiizzey on the opposing team: no visit on TS3, no attempt to say hello on chat, nothing. I mean we're a clan, a community, right? Long story short, lets freshen things up a little bit, inject some much needed initiative. We got some good players, let's put them to good use. I do concede, it's not always possible given 'real-life' constraints.

That's about all I have to say about that right now.. I would offer this though, how about one of you guys (admin/leader whatever) pick random squads before the meets/practice/training on Friday or whenever, that way there's an element of surprise to it, variety and people who don't usually talk or squad up together get the opportunity to play together, creating a little bit of team/group spirit etc..

Obviously you'd need a good notion of who's going to show up - but that's my pound's worth anyways..

p

jamesgillre

Postby jamesgillre » Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 am

Yea I agree with Pablo on this, "looming release of BF4" it is still 5 months away. Theres still good fun to be had in BF3 and we don't know if BF4 is going to bring anything new to the table. Besides if everyone does eventually migrate to BF4, I am sure playing BF3 will be an advantage.

There does seem to be a general low population on TS3 recently, this is probably down to business of some people - myself for example. However, I think alot of people come on TS3 see nobody on and the hit disconnect. I've seen it alot in the logs when I check. It will probably pick up soon. So far though it's hard to overlap EU and US timezones to bring together players especially during the weekdays - so I think most people just play on their own and don't even bother wit TS unless its the weekend. Maybe this is the problem?

SilentDingo
=UwG= Leader
=UwG= Leader

Postby SilentDingo » Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

Hi guys just to let you know I have now called off the clan match for Saturday the other Clan want to start at 7.00 uk time which to me would be to early. I do not know about the situation for Sunday's Clan match as I am not arranging that one.
Also lads thanks for the feedback on how we could organise things better, the main issue we have at the moment is the lack of activity on Teamspeak this week has not helped, hopefully we can get some guys on tomorrow night or over the weekend so we can explain a little more in detail what were aiming to do.

JoNo0187
Steam: JoNo0187

Postby JoNo0187 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 am

is this every weekend?

Return to “Battlefield 3”