Some suggestions for BF3

SilentDingo
=UwG= Leader
=UwG= Leader

Some suggestions for BF3

Postby SilentDingo » Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 am

Hi people as some people already know we have had more activity on BF3 in the last couple of weeks so there has been talk of how we can improve things for our clan. So id thought ill get the ideas out there so Don and other members can give some feedback of what they think.

Firstly I will start with the platoons, we currently have a number of platoons with players who either are idle or don't seem to be playing any more, the suggestions from me and others are to refresh clans. So we could have 1 public UwG platoon for casual players and then for players who are active most of the time we could either make 2 platoons for example 1 called Delta and the other 1 Alpha that way we keep it as 3 platoons so if you get players who go idle without any warning from them they then get moved out to the standard public platoon, that way we have 2 platoons full of active players. That is 1 suggestion the other BlackEMP suggested is to have 1 public platoon (for casual players) and create different platoons made of 4 players per platoon, I personally like the idea of both as it gives the active players more idea of how many players we have who want to be more competitive ie those who want to play in clan matches.

Clan matches- there has been lots of talk about this, every player who has been active over the last couple of weeks are wanting clan matches to happen obviously we are holding back a little bit at the moment as we need to get as many players together and do some squad play first, that way once we have set squads we can enter clan matches with a plan.
Also we need to realise with a clan match sometimes there are certain rules ie C4 not allowed on mcom's etc etc and if were getting beat we need to stick to it leaving the server because your getting beat or pis**d off is not an option WE FIGHT TILL THE END or else clans will not want to play us.

jamesgillre

Re: Some suggestions for BF3

Postby jamesgillre » Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Dingo, I will provide some feedback on my thoughts:

Firstly I will start with the platoons, we currently have a number of platoons with players who either are idle or don't seem to be playing any more, the suggestions from me and others are to refresh clans.

Yes this is true we do have a number of "Public platoons" but only one UwG official member platoon. I could be wrong, and I hope Don corrects me if I am, but I think the other platoons, i.e. Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta are all PUBLIC platoons which are used as initial points of contact for potential new members to meet and greet with existing members of the clan as well as demonstrate their intention to graduate to a full UwG member eventually. Unfortunately, and perhaps thankfully, not all of these members make the transition to becoming a full member due to failing to meet clan entry requirments.

These platoons are used purely for recruitment purposes and don't actually mean anything in terms of divisions of the clan. This does not necessarily have to be done on battlelog since it is an internal clan organisational matter. What I suggest is to integrate your ideas into Don's existing framework structure - that is create a UwG group within the battlefield ecosystem (BF3/BF4) that is designed to take on clan opponents in a competitive manner. So for example if we had 10 individuals wanting to be in the competitive group we just list them in a new stickied thread and it can be updated accordingly for new members and remove people that are either inactive for an extended period of time.

In addition to this a new subsection on the forums should be created for members of this group mentioned previously.

Clan matches- there has been lots of talk about this, every player who has been active over the last couple of weeks are wanting clan matches to happen obviously we are holding back a little bit at the moment as we need to get as many players together and do some squad play first, that way once we have set squads we can enter clan matches with a plan.

Yea we need to get the infrastructure ready and who is reliable for games at a pre-determined time. When we have that organised then we can begin talking tactics and strategies with that group. There is no point in having a group tactics discussion until we have the group together - otherwise we will be repeating everything to every new person added to the group which is fine when you get a new member once a month or so to the competitive side but not 10 people in Week one.

Sorry for the long-winded post, and I do agree with the points Dingo and BlackEMP have said. I think maybe an internal approach of documenting our groups is perhaps better though as we don't need battlelog to make our platoons, we can just make a thread here like I said.

Cheers for taking the time to read,

Jamesgillre
Last edited by jamesgillre on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donaramu
=UwG= Founder
=UwG= Founder

Postby Donaramu » Fri May 31, 2013 6:14 pm

as for the platoons we have in place the United World Gamers one is the platoon for members only. The UwG public groups are more or less for promoting the community. I do try to keep the members only platoon up to date by removing MIA people. Yet I do leave some inactive people due to them having a long history with our community or if they are still active in some other game.

As for the small crew platoons, I don't think they are needed. But it's whatever.

On and off we have done scrims in BF3 but it often is hard to get people interested. Even if players say they are wanting to scrim and I'd get one, half the time they would leave or change their mind and or they might play and do really bad and then give up :-( Overall I love scriming but for some reason it's been a pain in the butt to actively do so in BF3.

As for rules in scrims most clans use the rules from whatever league they play in.

Thanks for taking the time to post ideas, keep em coming.
Donaramu, United World Gamers Founder, Married and Living.
Steam: don7777s
origin: donaramu
xfire don7777s or donaramu( rarely use xfire, to many programs)

SilentDingo
=UwG= Leader
=UwG= Leader

Postby SilentDingo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 am

Thanks Don for the input

Return to “Battlefield 3”