BFH Rescue Server?

FrankenHoss
=UwG= Member
Steam: Hotwing

BFH Rescue Server?

Postby FrankenHoss » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:55 am

Floating this idea for your consideration. It seems we have a lot of guys who like to play rescue on BFH. We recently dropped the size of the U.S. BF4 server to 32 to free up some funds and because it wasn't filling up very often. My thought is, let's start a relatively small rescue server. I need advice on the optimal number of slots, purely from a gameplay perspective. Is 20 too many (10 v 10)? The other question is whether we should have some spectator slots - maybe we could get some cool video clips from that.

I eagerly await your feedback!

-Frank

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator
Steam: swats73

Re: BFH Rescue Server?

Postby swats73 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 am

5v5 seems to be the normal setup and tbh I have not tried 10v10 but might be fun.
12 slots would be £7.20 and 22 slots would be £13.20.

what ever you decide I am happy to set it up
REME Veteran, It's not that I can and others can't. It's that I did and others didn't.

SilentDingo
=UwG= Leader
=UwG= Leader

Postby SilentDingo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:12 am

Rescue 5v5 server would be awesome, I love it because it is tactical and would benefit everyone to improve in team work.

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator

Postby swats73 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:20 am

buckonator79 wrote:Who do we go through to rent servers from?

fragnet it is the best package
REME Veteran, It's not that I can and others can't. It's that I did and others didn't.

FrankenHoss
=UwG= Member
Steam: Hotwing

Postby FrankenHoss » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 am

From what swats was telling me, admin-wise fragnet has been a good choice. Also, part of that cost difference is the spectator slots which aren't included in that other advertisement. It is still probably a dollar or two a month cheaper because of exchange rate, but if swats is going to take the lead on running it as he has been so far, I'm fine with taking his choice of company. If you want to throw in on the bill, there's a direct pay pal link (it's in British pounds, btw) on one of the first threads in the server section. If just want to kick in what you would have paid on the other server, I'll cover the difference.

Regarding player number, 5 v 5 does seem a bit more common and tactical. It may turn into a mess with 10 v 10. If you guys are happy with 5 v 5 we can start there and consider upgrading to 7 v 7 or something like that if the need arises. I think that in addition to much-needed tactical practice, this would also be a boon for recruiting, as we may get more people in who are team-oriented and would come on to TS with rescue. Very exciting! We could also start doing some rescue scrims or just use the server for BFH competitive games as well. I think that spectator slots would be key for that, esp when we have people waiting for their turn to jump in, they could watch. That of course assumes that people will be honorable and not use the spec slots for spotting...

Donaramu
=UwG= Founder
=UwG= Founder

Postby Donaramu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 pm

It wouldnt hurt to make it a 11/12p so when the deals are going down someone would watch or whatnot
Donaramu, United World Gamers Founder, Married and Living.
Steam: don7777s
origin: donaramu
xfire don7777s or donaramu( rarely use xfire, to many programs)

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator

Postby swats73 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:48 am

FrankenHoss wrote:From what swats was telling me, admin-wise fragnet has been a good choice. Also, part of that cost difference is the spectator slots which aren't included in that other advertisement. It is still probably a dollar or two a month cheaper because of exchange rate, but if swats is going to take the lead on running it as he has been so far, I'm fine with taking his choice of company. If you want to throw in on the bill, there's a direct pay pal link (it's in British pounds, btw) on one of the first threads in the server section. If just want to kick in what you would have paid on the other server, I'll cover the difference.

Regarding player number, 5 v 5 does seem a bit more common and tactical. It may turn into a mess with 10 v 10. If you guys are happy with 5 v 5 we can start there and consider upgrading to 7 v 7 or something like that if the need arises. I think that in addition to much-needed tactical practice, this would also be a boon for recruiting, as we may get more people in who are team-oriented and would come on to TS with rescue. Very exciting! We could also start doing some rescue scrims or just use the server for BFH competitive games as well. I think that spectator slots would be key for that, esp when we have people waiting for their turn to jump in, they could watch. That of course assumes that people will be honorable and not use the spec slots for spotting...

Reason I prefer Fragnet even though they are not the cheapest are as follow:-

Free Procon Layer all other Firms charge extra for the layer.
Root and ftp access to server files and procon layer.
game server and procon layer on same blade so no lag caused.
customer service are great i.e. always reply within an hour and have been helpful with opening some ports that have been required for some aspects of our setup.
basically pay peanuts get monkeys. would rather pay a little more for a better service with no hidden costs.

swats73
=UwG= Administrator
=UwG= Administrator

Postby swats73 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:54 am

server config is now complete and streaming to GGC PBbans BF4DB with glitching bans enabled

Return to “Hardline”